POD VAPE KITS
What Are Pod Vaping Systems & How Do They Work?
Pod vaping systems are a cross between disposable e-cigarettes and box mod systems. They are made up of two parts, a pod filled with vape juice, fitted with a coil and wick that is connected to a battery. The battery creates vapour by either pressing a button or automatically kicks in when you inhale.
Who Are Pod Vapes Suitable For?
Pod vape kits are particularly popular with smokers who are looking to quit smoking. Many smokers will first try vaping with a disposable e-cig or vape pen but find that they aren’t powerful enough and have limited battery life. A good pod system has the convenience and discreet portability of a cig-a-like crossed with the greater power and capacity of a box mod.
Open vs Refillable Pod Vape Systems
The vape pods come in two versions, either with closed pre-filled cartridges containing the e-juice or with open refillable pods. The main advantage of the refillable pods is that vapers can experiment with a wider range of flavours and nicotine strengths. Pre-filled pods offer more convenience because you simply replace the cartridges with a new one when they are empty.
Vape pods are really user-friendly and easy to operate, they are portable, discreet and relatively inexpensive compared to box mods. Since pod systems use nicotine salts in the e-liquid, they also allow vapers to enjoy higher strength nicotine without the harsh throat irritation associated with freebase nicotine.
Bo One by Bo Vaping
- Unique disposable liquid pod mod system
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- 1.5ml pod capacity
Ally Pod Kit by Purge Mods
- Adjustable wattage / voltage / temperature
- 30w Max power
- Adjustable airflow for MTL to DTL
EQ Pod Kit by Innokin
- All In one system
- Boost mode: 15.5W
- Integrated 800 mAh battery
Orion Q Kit by Lost Vape
- Internal 950mAh Battery
- Proprietary chipset
- Maximum wattage output: 17W
Orion DNA Go Kit by Lost Vape
- Internal 950mAh Battery
- Evolv DNA Go board
- Delrin drip tip
DotAIO SE by DotMod
- 35W max output
- 4 Preset power options
- 2ml Capacity
Breeze 2 Kit by Aspire
- 2ml e-liquid capacity
- Integrated 1000mAh rechargeable battery
- Direct voltage based output
POD VAPE KITS FAQs
What are the benefits of pod vapes?
- Simple and easy to use especially for smokers looking for an alternative to cigarettes. Unlike more complicated vape kits, you don’t have to worry about different settings that can confuse people who are new to vaping.
- Pods vapes are incredibly convenient. The pods are designed to be easily replaced once the e-juice has run out or if you want to try another flavour.
- The discreet size and design of pod vapes make them easy to carry around in your pocket or bag. Pods also produce less vapour than larger vape systems.
- The consistent amount to nicotine that you get from a pod vape means that they are more satisfying for smokers. Mouth to lung activation mimics the way people smoke cigarettes.
- One pod contains a similar amount of nicotine to a packet of cigarettes so you know how much you are consuming.
How do you use a pod vape?
Be careful to ensure that you do not vape when the liquid has run out as this can damage the coils. Make sure that the battery is charged and refill the e-juice if using a refillable pod (refillable pods will last about a week or two for the average vaper). Then give it time for the wick to absorb the juice. Depending on whether your device has a fire button or not, press the button and take a steady drag on the pod as you would with a cigarette. For pre-filled, draw-activated devices, just take a pull on the device.
How long do vape pods last?
A pod such as those by Juul contains the same amount of nicotine as ten cigarettes and will last for approximately 200 puffs depending on how you vape. So an average ex-smoker can expect to use one pod per day. You can also expect the battery charge to last for a day of moderate vaping.
Which pod vape is best?
Brands such as Uwell, Smok and Bo Vaping all have pod products. You can shop for various styles from our range. Search for leading products including some of our favourites vape pods.
The Bo One Starter Kit is a pre-filled vape pod. It's lightweight, super-sleek kit with an elegant design. It has everything that you need from a pod, portable, looks great and offers an excellent vaping experience. The Aspire Cobble Pod Kit features five designs including Dark marble, Black Carbon Fibre, Mountain Mist, Wood and Zebra Stripes. The pebble design with its smooth surfaces and rounded edges make it comfortable to handle. It’s also lightweight and fits nicely in your pocket or bag. The simple but effective OVNI Pod Kit by J Well is the perfect device for on-the-go vaping. This is a nice compact device is designed to fit in the hand for straightforward performance.
What e-juice is best for refillable pods?
Usually, e-liquid with a ratio of 50/50 PG/VG works best. This is because of the lower power used by pod systems which are more suitable to lower VG e-juices. Nicotine salt e-juices, originally by Juul, tend to be smoother than other vape juices due to the higher nicotine content to juice ratio.
Want to know more? Read our in-depth guide to pod vaping